Holiday Red: Liquid to Matte Lipstick

Hi friends! So I knew I wanted to get a holiday makeup favorite in before Christmas, and kind of combined it with my love for liquid-to-matte lipsticks. I love them. A lot. I am a matte girl already, but I know how people hate the texture of rubbing a chalk-like lipstick against their lips. Solution: liquid-to-matte. 
I feel like they apply better and last forever! 
And here's an uncomfortably large picture of my face...
Ok I will admit though: they won't last through EVERYTHING. Here is a little list to give you an idea:
They will last through:
-Eating certain foods: noodles, drinks, things you don't stuff your face into 
-Kissing: like a peck kissing, don't get crazy
-Walking around all day. Yeah- they're not gonna wear AT ALL
They will NOT last through:
-Red Robin burgers. I learned the hard way. But even then they don't come off all the way, they just 
    come off in the middle, which is not always a cute look. 
-Making out. Listen here: if you plan on mackin on someone, NEVER wear red lipstick: I don't care if it's matte or not. It's gonna be a mess. 
-The shower (obviously). And yet you will have to really scrub those babies to get your lipstick off. 

( I really don't know what else to put in this space to separate text except more lipstick pics.. so here ya go.)
I happen to be wearing 2 of limecrime's shades: red velvet and wicked. I actually wore wicked for my bridal pictures and, at the time, didn't have red velvet, so I put a little ruby woo in the middle. But man I love liquid-to-mattes so I broke down, bought red velvet and never looked back. I actually find it's more flattering on me than ruby woo is. 
If you're like me and a weird shade you might have a hard time wearing a bright blue-based lipstick as well. I combine these shades and I find my perfect mix! Although I love wicked on its own too: it's just pretty dark.

Now you might be thinking: "Ok, where do I buy it?" and, "How much is this biz gonna cost?". Well here are your answers friend.
These specific shades can be found on the LIMECRIME website, for 25 bucks, and they're out of stock currently. ORRRR (here's the fun part) I found another liquid-to-matte I love. KAT VON D. I kept looking for a dupe so I wouldn't have to pay shipping costs and such and Kat Von D is a genius. Her everlasting liquid lipsticks are just as good as, or BETTER than, lime crimes. And yes. I will be buying those in the future. I already have several of the shades on my wish list.
Below are the shades that are pretty much the exact same...


Oh and BEST news: the Kat Von D lipsticks are 19 dollars instead of 25, and can be found at your local Sephora (most times). Yes. It is a glorious thing. You can find them at SEPHORA online if they don't carry them in your local store.

NOW you may be thinking, "I've never worn liquid-to-matte lipsticks. How does it work?" or you're thinking, "I'm hungry, why am I still reading this?" Turns out I can only answer the first. Maybe you should get a snack.

In the video I posted below, I did use a lip brush, but you don't need to. I just find the lime crime brushes don't give a sharpness to my liking, but that's all I had when I first bought wicked, so it can be done for sure. If you do want to pick up a lip brush, you can buy them at Sephora between 10-20 dollars. (But hey, if you're gonna spend 20 bucks on a brush, just pick up an occ lip tar and they come with a free brush. Always get the most for your money!)
I'm done rambling: here's my first ever video. It's pretty sketchy, and you'll see a part where I show how shaky my hands are, so you understand why it looked a little janky.

OH! and before I forget: I personally think it's better to layer than to try and throw on a ton of product at once: you might end of with a lot of smearing and mess if you do that. So don't be afraid to start out with a little and build up.
BUMP UP THE VIDEO QUALITY YO


I hope you can grab some red lips for a christmas party, some family pics, or just for fun! They are one of my staple looks for sure: A red lip never goes out of style. 
Happy Lipsticking! (now a word)


1 comment

  1. This fashion blog is indeed good for getting the fashion information Just for a share you can find awesome collection of matte lipstick shades only at majorbrands.

    ReplyDelete